- This event has passed.
September 22, 2018Free
Under the umbrella of the City of Hapeville and the newly formed Atlanta Tri-Cities Arts Association – a non-profit 501c3 created to establish a world-class community of creative artists and their installations in the Atlanta Tri-Cities area – the LocalMotion Arts Festival is moving feverishly to develop a festival that meets the following mission and vision:
MISSON: To increase awareness, opportunity, and participation in the arts for all ages in the Atlanta Tri-Cities community.
To fulfill this mission, the LMAF is dedicated to bringing the highest standards of excellence and diverse resources to harness the economic and educational viability of the arts in and around College Park, East Point, and Hapeville.
VISION: The LocalMotion Arts festival’s goal is to develop and deliver a high caliber visual and performing arts event to our community through the following parameters:
• Visual Arts – Giving a primary focus to local arts, while dedicating 90% of total vendor space to a unique and diverse artist who craft original art and wares by the artist only and not allowing any mass-produced merchandise to be sold.
• Performing Arts – To provide education opportunity through workshops. Provide demonstrations by local performing artist. Offer performance opportunities to the community. Honor & award leaders in the community for their dedication to the performing arts.
• Music – Full day of concerts, focusing on local and national caliber acts that are consistent with the LMAF mission through a vast array of genre and styles.
• Education – Expanding the communities’ knowledge of the arts through workshops, demonstrations, and performances the day of and throughout the year. Through these programs brings a commitment to instill confidence, creativity, communication & collaboration skills, citizenship, and character.
• Social Responsibility – To ensure all walks of the community are represented, and to keep the festival focused only on the arts, the LMAF festival will be faith and politically neutral.