Minutes for African Americans for the Arts meeting at Hammonds House Museum – May 2, 2017 at 6 pm.
Libation was offered by Herman McClenton at 6:10 pm
Minutes: Accepted as written.
Guest: Larry McConnehead.
Treasurer’s Report – As Tracy Murrell was unavailable and the President and Vice President don’t (as yet) have access to the bank account, there was no treasurer’s report.
Membership There was no report.
Marketing –South Cobb Art Alliance extended the deadline for AAFTA’s exhibition “Bequest…”at Maple House Gallery to Friday May 5, 2017. Artists MUST email Angela Ferguson with art identification info by 5pm Friday. Postcards were delayed. Art should be dropped off Monday, May 8, 2017 from 10 am – 2 pm. Late installation dates May 9 and 10. EXHIBITION DATES: May 8 – June 19, 2017. Artists’ Reception Saturday May 13, 2017. Again, ARTISTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO ADVERTISE AAFTA’S UPCOMING EVENT.
Programming – No report.
Hospitality – No report.
Exhibitions – No report.
AAFTA Gives Back – No report.
Web site – Dianne Hayes Quarles emphasized the need for headshots on the AAFTA website. If you need help contact Dianne, Renata or Tracy. Dianne is testing directory, comment and PayPal apps for website.
Minutes from African Americans for the Arts meeting at Hammonds House Museum – May 2, 2017 at 6 pm.
Finance – No report.
Guest speaker Aleathia Lindsay gave us Tips to Increase Online Sales:
– contact info on your website
– social media links that work for you.
– online art markets: ETSY, Amazon, EBay, Instagram, snapchat, etc.
– engage audience to invest in your process &progress with newsletters, Saatchi, Deviantart, Utube, periscope, pinterest, etc.; research what is selling there. Hit as many as you qualify for.
– AAFTA’s Facebook group page
– use hootesvite.com to make post to several sites at once.
– Fine Art in America to see your images on T-shirts, mugs, pillows, etc.
Angela, Marcella, Dianne, Sue, Daniel Hodges and Linda Asbury had artwork for show and tell.
With seven harambes meeting was adjourned.